The Detroit Mercy TRIO 学生支持服务 (TRIO SSS) program is a federally funded program designed to provide underrepresented student populations with academic support, cultural engagement and personal development programming.
TRIO’s primary focus is to deepen undergraduate students’ critical thinking competencies, increase student persistence, promote degree completion and realization of career or academic goals. We strive to assist underrepresented student populations by meeting the challenges of higher education.
The TRIO SSS experience is priceless because we invest in our students and believe in their potential to overcome obstacles. We continuously immerse our students in opportunities that will allow them to be successful in their future careers and endeavors. Moreover, the TRIO SSS program provides individualized academic services that allow each student to focus on their personal goals, while embracing exclusive opportunities that support and nurture the student as a whole.
The TRIO SSS program serves Detroit Mercy students who are 我们。公民或永久居民 (as defined by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) and who meet at least one of the following additional criteria:
- 第一代大学生 — A student whose parents have not received a baccalaureate degree, or a student who did not regularly live with or receive support from a parent.
- 收入符合条件的学生 — A student whose family meets federal income eligibility guidelines as verified by Detroit Mercy. This information will be verified using the students FAFSA Student Aid Report and signed statement of income verification.
- 学生，残疾记录 — A student who has a documented disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act and verified by the Detroit Mercy Disability & Accessibility Support Services Office.
NOTE: Eligibility does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Only a limited number of students may receive program services, according to grant regulations.
BenefitsTrio SSS provides Detroit Mercy TRIO students various services free of charge:
- Assistance with scholarship applications
- Service learning & leadership skills training
- Leadership and professional development
- Graduate and professional school preparation and site visits
1.完整的申请表Download and complete each of the following TRIO SSS application forms:
NOTE: Application forms can also be picked up from the TRIO SSS Office (see 接触三人SSS above).
2. Return completed forms to TRIO SSS Office
Return all completed application forms to a TRIO SSS staff member (see 接触三人SSS above). Completed applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org; however, a printed copy of each completed form must also be turned in to be considered for admission into the TRIO program.
NOTE: Admission to Detroit Mercy TRIO Student Support Services is not automatic and eligibility does not guarantee acceptance into the program. According to federally funded grant regulations, only a limited number of students may receive program services and benefits. Completed applications will be evaluated for eligibility and admission. If admitted, you will be notified about the next steps to begin your involvement with Detroit Mercy TRIO 学生支持服务.
- Engagement in TRIO events and workshops
- Serve as a positive role model to other TRIO participants
- Demonstration of exemplary behavior, befitting of a TRIO scholar
"Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for today" - Malcolm X
"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow" - 罗伯特清崎
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" - 纳尔逊·曼德拉
"If you’re always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be" – Maya Angelou